Friday 12 June 2015

Social media ban...

So recently, I was called "childish" by someone I consider to be one of my best friends. We argued about the actions of another person who behaved maliciously but apparently defending myself is "immature".

What was my reaction? 



Well initially I threw my phone in a dramatic rage. After realising how childish that seemed and always wanting to be right, I went and picked up my phone and deleted all my social media apps. 

Goodbye Facebook, adios Twitter, s'later snapchat, and hasta lavista Instagram. 


This was going to be difficult....

Growing up with phones with all these cool apps which let me check where my friends are, let me chat on the go, let me send ugly selfies and let me pretend that my life is incredibly pretty; how would people know how amazing my life was? 

The most difficult to lose has been Twitter, I love my Twitter account. 

Without how would my 1000+ followed know what stupid thing Jess just said?  How would they know where I am today?How would they know the results of my latest buzzfeed quiz? 

Well they don't. 

It is probably one of the best things I've done for a long time

See I became a person I was not really comfortable being. I became aware of what someone unimportant had said to me and I felt the need to defend myself via social media. But by doing so I dignified her pettiness with a response. 



So, although I miss them all dearly, right now I think a social media detox is what I need. 

It was the mature thing to do. Because tweeting bitchy things, and snapchating photos of people with penis' drawn into their mouths really isn't mature. Maybe other people should take a step back from their social media accounts and gain a little perspective. 



Don't worry though they won't be gone forever, I'll be more social media active in the coming months. 

So, if you're going to completely ignore me and my advice to take a social media break, and if you enjoyed reading that, share it, like it, tweet about.

Also follow me on twitter and instagram because I'm pretty fabulous, @chantelle_kiran.

Until next time, remember, I've said it so it must be true....

Chantelle7

Song of the post: Recovery - Frank Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment